Friday, July 16, 2010

How's the View?

There were helicopters flying around the valley that morning. Helicopters! I have a terrible habit of filming helicopters and taking far too many pictures of them. I don't know what it is about those things that are so intriguing to me, maybe its the hoovering. If you look at the mountains on the far left of the picture above you can see six of them heading westward above the city. I reckon there was some sorta helicopter conference in town.

Up on the hilltop there's a giant rock tower to commemorate the Utah history up there. The memorial kinda reminds me of that scene from one of the final episodes of Little House on the Prairie when Pa builds that giant rock tower that somehow brings his kid back to life. That scene would have been much more powerful if there had been a shark to jump somewhere in the vicinity. Anyhow, we noticed that like 4 of the blocks had the names of cities on them, and outta some crazy coincidence, one of the cities was "Milwaukee". It's kinda hard to read, but that's definitely what the rock says. Strange.

I sure love the view from Ensign Peak. I like to see State Street and Redwood Road as it gets dark and all the tail lights start showing up and melting together like a big red lava flow. Any of my die hard blog fans (both of you) know of my love for state capital buildings, and Utah's is a super nice one. There's something really special about having your own beautiful place to share with your girl. I wonder if there's anyone else out there that has designated this very location as make-out hill? If so, get away! It's mine.

1 comment:

Zann said...

So Kason I'm confused - do you like the way helicopters float in the air or the way they suck things up like vacuums?