Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ensign Repeak

In keeping with the theme for the last week of September 2009, "Haul your kin up a mountain", Sara and I played sherpa to my mom and siblings up Ensign Peak. Yes, I know that I'm only a few postings away from a previous Ensign Peak blog, but we just can't get enough of that view! We did make a horrible error though,before our ascent we ate a ginormous pizza at The Pie...not so great planning on my part. The goal was to be at the top by sunset, and dinner beforehand made a lot of sense at the time. We all got to taste the pizza several times that night!

Sometimes blurry pictures look best blurry. This was a period of time that Zoe would rather look at the carcase of a singing purple dinosaur than the front of a camera. Pictures from this phase wherein she's not looking everywhere but forward are a rarity, so the ones above and below had to find their way onto the blog. The hike down the mountain that night marked the genesis of a new Zoe phase, which I like to call the flashlight fetish. We're still waiting for this one to wear off. Also, may I add that Sara is drinking from the water bottle that I won during The Amazing Race on the cruise boat a few years ago. Its a major award!

No comments: