Sunday, July 11, 2010

From Park to Peak

Many summer nights have seen Sara and I up on the hill above the Utah capital building looking out at the view of the valley. We'd go up there and plan out our lives while the mountains turned purple and the sun set just a few feet away. It was our make out hill. Actually we didn't do a whole lot of making out up there because we'd always pick up a pizza at The Pie on the way, and notta lotta mackin happens with pizza breath. Up on that hill I proposed to my little bride and subsequently locked my keys in the trunk. Genius.

Right next to our make out hill is the trailhead to Ensign Peak. Sara'd been up there before back in the day, but we'd never gone up together, even though we'd been to the trailhead so many times. Up we went on an early September Saturday morning, and it was absolutely gorgeous up there! We had the whole place all to ourselves and I never wanted to come back down. We took a whole mess o' pictures, but I'll just throw a few of them your way...pictures of views are never as good as the real thing. Unless you're like Claude Lorrain or something, and you're probably not.

No comments: