Monday, June 28, 2010

Annie's Zoo Birthday

When Zoe's cousin Annie turned 3, Sara and I took her to Hogle Zoo to visit the Utahn animals. Utah animals are just like other animals, but much more docile. Having grown up in Logan, I only got down to Hogle Zoo once in a little while, but I distinctly remember the lion head drinking fountain. It was cool to share that memory with the Zoe. When I was in fourth grade, I was let out of school for good behaviour and put onto a yellow bus to visit the big city and the zoo therein. Mom and Dad gave me my first camera to take pictures while there, and I thought it was the absolute coolest thing ever. The first picture I ever took was of a great big box turtle at the zoo. Since then, we've taken enough pictures of zoo animals to fill several editions of National Geographic...if the society were to ever stoop low enough to publish many special editions featuring caged African wildlife staring at wagon-mounted toddlers. Annie and Zoe seemed to enjoy the zoo plenty, especially the baby elephant as it walked around its enclosure. Cue the music Mr. Mancini! After our zoo excursion we filled Annie up with sugary slurpee (like we always do) and sent her back home so we could build her a cake. We sure like that Annie!

No comments: