Monday, December 07, 2009

The Organ Piper

Here’s a picture of the Zoe and I at our favoritest pizza place in the whole wide world…well at least in Milwaukee anyway. This is a place that Donny introduced us to right after we moved to Wisconsin, and we became instant addicts. Every year Zoe wants to go to Organ Piper Pizza, mostly at my behest, for her birthday dinner. This place is awesome, they’ve got a gigantic Wurlitzer organ that makes all sorts of great little toots and woots. All the drums and xylophones and keyboards surround the pizzateers in the dining room and they’re all run from the single consul by a single organist. There’s even a line of ducks that jump and quack their little songs. At the end of patriotic numbers a great big flag comes down from above and all sorts of lights run around. Great times. The dude who plays the organ takes requests, and he always does mine, especially when I ask for the Beatles. Their pizza ain’t so bad either. I like it there a lot, but you don’t have to take my word for it, you Milwaukeeans ought to go try it out now (be sure to bundle up). I’ll never forget how much I loved nights at Organ Piper Pizza watching the locals dancing their polkas while I drank Sprechers root beer. What a great place.

1 comment:

*Aliese* said...

That's so dang cool! I think I would want to sit and play it though...That's probably not appreciated...