Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dinner with Spencer and Tara

So this here is Zoe and I with an elephant, and my good buddy Spencer. I spent six weeks of the 2 years of my mission sweating my hiney off in the streets of the Dominican Republic with Spencer. He was my second companion and we served together in a town on the eastern side of the island called Higuey. Spencer married Tara and they now live in the Niagara Falls area. They were good enough to go grab a bite to eat with us while we were in their neck of the woods. Niagara Falls, Canada is filled to the brim with all sorts of tourist locales, including a Rainforest Cafe, which became the official dive for this, our first and only Canadian dining experience. I must say that the cuisine of Canada is far superior to the Dominican fare Spencer and I dined upon in yesteryears. When we were companions I was pretty fresh off the boat, and Spencer introduced me to the street chimichurri, which often contained at least partially cooked meat, and always plenty of cabbage. I ate more chimis on my mission than any five men should. Thanks Spencer, I send a great big "Uepa!" your way. Please enjoy the picture of Sara, me, Zoe, Tara and Spencer, which I stole off of Spencer and Tara's blog. Such thievery.

1 comment:

*Aliese* said...

I pretty much love that the Rainforest Cafe is officially Canadian dining. I also love photo thievery.