Tuesday, December 02, 2008

But I Wouldn’t Want to Live There

We had originally planned to eat Giordano’s for lunch and Bubba Gump Shrimp on the pier for dinner, but our late and large lunch left us a long way from hungry when dinner time rolled around. Instead we hopped a boat back to Arthur, who was still sleeping soundly by the Sears Tower, and made our way back to Milwaukee. We like Chicago a lot. As a matter of fact, I’m sitting on the train to Chicago right now looking at a beautiful sunrise. I go to work in Chicago every now and then, and I always look forward to it. There’s a feeling of life and energy down there, like there’s always something exciting going on, and just being on the streets makes you a part of it. I’ve been to many major cities in the past three years, and I’ve only felt that metropolitan energy in New York and Chicago. I love big cities, but boy am I glad to come back home to my little wife in our apartment in outer suburbia.

No comments: