Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sooooooeeeey!!

Hazzah, it’s the Wisconsin State Fair! Don’t miss it, don’t even be late. The Utah state fair was plenty fun back in the day, but the fair-going Wisconsinite would scoff at Utah’s meager attempt to exhibit its state’s finest wares and wonders. Being a Wisconsin city slicker, I’ve always wondered if my state truly does live up to its proclaimed status of “America’s Dairyland”. The state fair is my proof that it most certainly does. I’ve never seen so many giant cows, pigs, goats, horses and sheeps in one place. HUGE! And the best part of it all is that you can watch the owners of these large livestock in their natural habitat (most of them live in very tight jeans). What strange and wonderful people.

We wanted to make sure that Randy, Diane and Tyler went home having had a truly unforgettable and life-changing experience here in Milwaukee. Naturally, we made sure to visit the State Fair on an evening which included pig racing. Lest I discriminate though, I should give credit to the other livestock that took part in the track and field events, including goats and geese. Sorry my video footage of the event is a little sub-par. I wasn’t very careful to stay still while filming since I assumed I could catch the races on ESPN later that night. Ends up that pigs aren’t very speedy, they seem to specialize more in being crispy. The real irony behind the event is that as we spectators filed in, we were handed free slim-jims.

No comments: