Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Zoe turns One!

Wow, a year has passed since my inflated wife waddled into the hospital and brought our precious little Zoe into the world. I sure love that little kid. I proved my love for her by showering her with far more presents than I should have on her first birthday. It was great to have Zoe's aunt and uncle and cousin out to help us celebrate. We put all three to work in an effort to capture this once in a life time experience in a well-wrapped package of Kodak gold. I was on the cell phone with one grandma while Jennifer held up the web-cam for the other. Sara was in charge of the "snappy" camara and Annie was in charge of testing out the toys when Zoe had moved on to the next one. We always put Nathen in charge of the video camara since he's tall enough to get the entire perspective.

Don't worry, I will spare you the pictures of Zoe making a Hiroshimatic mess with her homemade Elmo cake, but I can't avoid posting this picture of her yelping with disdain as we tried to remove her from her airplane car to get ready for bed. After her bath she spent the remainder of the evening relaxing in her new wagon. To this day, she can spend an hour getting in and out of that wagon, its our favorite babysitter. We're very fortunate to have a good little girl as part of our family, we're big Zoe fans. I'm surprised at how often I wonder to myself what she's gonna be like in a year from now. I thought it was a ball to watch my Sea Monkeys grow, but this is at least ten times better. Happy Birthday Zoe!

2 comments:

The Gentry's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gentry's said...

It is hard to find something more exciting than Sea Monkeys growing, but some how kids top the chart. We can't believe she is already one! Isn't amazing how time flies!!