Monday, September 01, 2008

The Pier, Pizza, and a Promenade

On the way back to Milwaukee from Nauvoo we made a touristic stop in Chicago. This was our first time to walk the length of Navy Pier, and I'm still not certain if I liked it or not. I think the view at the end of the long plank is worth the walk, but I can't say it was worth the parking fee. It was a beautiful day, and I really like this picture of us against the Chicago skyline. No matter how many times I've been to Chicago I can never get over its sheer immensity and energy. What a great town. We saddled up the strollers and took a hike up and down Michigan Avenue this time as well. When it comes down to famous streets in big cities Michigan Avenue just about fits up there with the Champs Elyses and Park Avenue. I guess the big difference is that I was hoping to see some world-famous monument or building as we marched from cross street to cross street, but I never really saw anything. Maybe I'm just not well enough versed in my Chicago lore.

One thing I do know about Chicago though is that the best pizza joint in town is Giordano's. You better believe we patronized this fine establishment and stuffed ourselves with stuffed pizza. The good people at Giordano's know how to make the perfect pizza pie, but they do so under the premise that it takes about 45 minutes to turn an order into a product. This is why the picture above features the blurry versions of Zoe and Annie. In 45 minutes the two of them had run out of new things to chew on and throw across the room and had begun to channel their energy through more wiggly pursuits. Notice that all the spillable vessels had been relocated to the less reachable ends of the table. The pizza was great and there were no left overs. Mmm Giordano's.

No comments: