Monday, March 03, 2008

The Valentine's Day Massacre

I'll bet you thought I'd never get done posting pictures of our Washington DC trip. Suffice it say that we really liked it out there, but since we aren't fluent in jive, we wouldn't have been able to completely merge with the DC culture, and were forced to come home.

Our next big and exciting event worthy of taking pictures of was the death of our beloved car Gus the Periwinkle Mirage. He was a good and decent car who was always more than willing to give me complex auto mechanic challenges which were most often remedied via bungee cords, wire hangers, or a large amount of hammer blows. Gus was the first car I ever bought with my own money. Sara and I met and fell in love in this car (not literally). I locked my keys in his trunk when we got engaged, he drove us to the airport on our honeymoon, and he was supposed to take us in style to dinner on our first Valentine's Day. Instead, he became a Gus sandwich between two Utah Valley mini vans on my way home from school that afternoon. If you think the squished trunk looks bad, you should see the front!

It ended up being a good thing though, because we became the adoptive parents of Nermal the Reddish Civic a few weeks later. Given Gus's pre-existing conditions, the nominal claim check we got from the insurance company after his death was a lot more than he was worth. Funny how with super old cars, when a wreck renders them totaled they actually go up in value (so long as you're not at fault). We really like Nermal.

Has anyone else noticed that in all my pictures I'm either wearing my goat sweatshirt, or my AC-DC tee shirt? Am I truly white trash enough to wear the same shirts in every picture, or is it just a strange coincidence? I'm not sure, but I do know that AC-DC totally rocks.

No comments: