Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Bit of Pomp, a Touch of Circumstance

After two years in the frozen wasteland of Rexburg, Idaho and two more years dodging the choking clutches of potential Zoobieism in Provo, I graduated from college. In retrospect, I was very fortunate to have experienced college life from all possible angles: 1 year as a premie, 1 year as a swingin' RM bachelor, 1 year as a fiance and 1 year married to my sugar mama. For those of you who don't speak Mormon, a premie is a college student who has not yet been on a mission, an RM is a Returned Missionary, and a sugar mama is the graduated and fully employed wife of a college-going and very relieved husband. My college years were great, but boy was I ready to move on.

The commencement itself was pretty exciting I guess...I sorta wish I could have sat with my family rather than all the strange Actuarial Science and Statistics graduates. But I did very much enjoy walking around campus that morning among the beautiful spring flowers, and the international flags that were flying all around, all the while knowing that as Summer crept in, I was forever creeping out. In anticipation of my upcoming internship I got myself a picture next to the French flag. Sadly I was unable to conjure up a breeze sufficient enough to make the flag identifiable, you'll just have to take my word for it.




No comments: