Sunday, February 22, 2009

Milwaukee bad...Miami good.

My little wife and I get super tired of winter in March. Yuck yuck yuck. March is that month where big snow storms are no longer fun, rather they are big bummers that cover my driveway with ice. And when it does snow in this late in the season, all the commuters have become sick of driving cautiously, so you'll probably just die on the way to work. All the snow piles from the plows have become black heaps of road sludge, and the cars in town look like they came directly from first century Pompeii, thanks to the salt. Add to the mix the constant "lamb" and "lion" references from the news weather people and you've got a very obnoxious month. Not to mention all those pesky soothsayers constantly reminding me to beware of those cursed Ides.

The whole point here is that my little blog is now officially protesting the slushiest month of the year by way of posting some pictures from the cruise we took a year ago last December. Now before you change the channel, I hereby promise that I will not show picture after picture of me with people you don't know holding umbrellad drinks by the side of a giant boat. Instead, you'll be seeing us in tropical locales that are far better than wherever you're sitting right now. I mean look around you...don't you realize that there are thousands of beach chairs in the world that you're not sitting in? What's wrong with you people?

Sara and I love checking out new cities, so we couldn't just fly into Miami the day of the cruise and rush to the port. We got there a day and a half early, and spent many hours walking up and down Miami beach, and lounging about like sea cucumbers. Somewhere along the beach we came across this giant man made of letters. This was our first time to experience a Jaume Plensa work of art, and boy did we like it. It was this same guy that did the Crown Fountain in Chicago's Milennium Park. A few postings back I did a bit of a spotlight on the man. He's pretty cool. I gotta say a lot more about Miami Beach, but I think it merits it's very own posting, so tune in next time. I'm gonna go sweep all the gunk out of the little linoleum square inside of our front door...the black sludge hills keep trying to get inside on my shoes.

No comments: