Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Brewers Get Schooled

Here it is, the last blog post from Milwaukee. What better grand finale from the city we called home for nearly three years than one last Brewers game! This game was the night before we closed up the truck and hit the road. Here's Diane enjoying the playground in front of the ball park, Bernie's Dugout. She says the reason she went up there was to play with Zoe, but notice who is nowhere to be seen. She was not able to provide an explanation as to why she got up there by way of climbing up the slide.

Can't say this was the best Brewers game we've ever been to. I think the final run tally was like 14 to 2 in The Pirates' favor. It was a lot of fun to sit next to my mother-in-law who knew a surprisingly large amount about America's favorite past time. Does everyone in the world know more about baseball than me? There are very few things that I consider myself an expert in...maybe Defined Benefit Pension Plans and The Beatles...but that's about it. I may have chosen poorly when it came to fields of expertise. Its not often I'm able to impress guests at dinner parties with my intricate knowledge of the Pension Protection Act. But at least it pays the bills, not many jobs depend on knowing who managed the team that won the 1974 World Series.

Here we are in our favorite seats in the park. Yes, that is the back wall. This is a great place for us to sit because the wall creates a Zoe buffer that makes us only have to worry half as much about which of our unfortunate park peers will be getting Zoe drinks poured into their laps. We also like the back because its cheaper, and I have to save my money to make wagers on the sausage race.


And that's it. We're done with Milwaukee. That was a wild two years and ten months. We learned a lot about ourselves out there. For example, I learned that I like Italian Sausage way more than Bratwurst, but I'd trade a kidney for a spicy chorizo. Sara found out that baseball is her favorite professional sport, and that once Spring training starts, old man winter is finally on his way to his vacation home. Zoe learned how to say, "Waukesha", and that fireflies are much preferred to mosquitos. On to our next long term adventure, but not until we get that truck packed and make the 1,480 mile journey to West Jordan, Utah, our temporary home.

No comments: