Sunday, February 03, 2008

Party Animals

Look! Another of Sara's GIS conferences! This time we were off to our nation's capitol so that she could participate in the federal, state and local GIS gathering. It was such an amazing experience, and we've got about a million pictures all about it, so hold on tight!

Fist up, I've got to post a bunch of the pictures we took inside the conference center. Since I spent the majority of my time sitting in the lobby studying, I was able to become one with the building. This isn't such a bad thing, because nestled away in the corners of this massive building are the most interesting and gigantic works of art. Some of our favorites are these severely bipartisan quadrapeds. You'll notice that all the political campaign buttons and stickers on the donkey are for democratic presidents and presidential hopefuls. All the republicans are pasted on the pachyderm. In the picture below I took my life into my own hands standing behind a kicking donkey and a pooping elephant. This is the sort of sacrifice I am willing to make for the sake of a snappy snapshot.


No comments: