Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Seattle House Hunt - Day Two

Our second day of house hunting in Seattle was a complete 180 from the day before. This is a good thing, because after day one, I was fully prepared to continue living in my in-laws' basement for the remainder of my days. The big difference was that we met the Real Estate agent that we had been referred to a few days before we went to Seattle. Kathi's region is Seattle's northern suburbs, so straight up I-5 we went.

Kathi showed us two houses for rent and we knew almost immediately that the one in Lynnwood would be our temporary abode. Sara liked the place because it was yellow. I liked it because it was full of all sorts of zany little nooks and crannies, including a great big open attic that was only accessible via an 8-foot ladder. I had always wanted an 8-foot ladder, and this was my big chance. I gotta have a picture of that attic somewhere, I'll post it when I find it. The place in Lynnwood was super small (the real estate term is "cozy"), but it ended up being the perfect half-way house for us while we sought for a home to buy. It was such a relief to have a rental that we liked. If there's anything I learned in the summer between Milwaukee and Seattle it was the HUGE benefits of knowing how to network. If it weren't for asking "Who do you know that could help us", we'd be living in one of the spider pits on Beacon Hill.

No comments: